Hi. I’m a freelance developer who works on games and websites. Occasionally I run events and deliver workshops for learning new skills and making things.
You can follow me on twitter here: @darrencearnaigh
Some of the technologies I use:
- System Languages: C#
- Databases: MySQL
- Source control: Git
- Cloud Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Gandi, Linode
- Blog Engine: WordPress
- Game Engines: Unity, PICO-8, Godot
- OSes: Ubuntu, Arch Linux, Windows
In general I privately host my code but you can check out some of my shelved side-projects and other random code on github.
What I love to do:
- Making new things; especially gamejams & prototyping.
- Maintaining things; Fixing bugs and making things better.
- Playing games; especially roleplaying games, strategy games and simulators.
- Music; Listening to and making music, especially drumming.
- Being arty; Drawing and digital painting (especially characters from my groups rpg campaigns).
- Meeting friends for the chats!
Game Developer Meetups In Galway
In January 2017 I started 1GAM Galway (facebook, twitter) with Ian Dunbar and Kevin Lynch. It is a meetup for people participating in the onegameamonth.com personal challenge, but it’s open to anyone making any type of game. 1GAM Galway aims to be a friendly and social way to help you motivate yourself to finish your game related projects.
Game Jams And Workshops
I enjoy running and attending game jams. Way back in 2016 I ran a bunch in Galway for Galway Game Jam, some in partnership with Global GameCraft. Since then I’ve run a 1GAM Galway Gamejam as well as several gamejam survival workshops.
You can check out my Eventbrite profile here: https://darrenkearney.eventbrite.ie
I dabble in art
Unlike the majority of developers, I did not study Software development or Computer Science at college. I studied art and design! Though these days I primarily code things, I occasionally make 2D art and put it on my art blog and instagram under @darrencearnaigh.
Want to get in touch? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message on social media.